Québec Poker Team Index du Forum QUÉBEC POKER TEAM 
Site dédié au poker

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Monkey Business

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Québec Poker Team Index du Forum -> Section Général -> Blogs des membres
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
RoyalOil
VIP

Point(s): 7
Moyenne de points: 0,88

MessagePosté le: Lun 9 Aoû - 10:45 (2010)    Sujet du message: Monkey Business Répondre en citant

Monkeys ARE NOT pets.

1. As several other people have mentioned, they have not undergone thousands of years of domestication as most pet animals have, so they are poorly suited to being pets.

2. It is dangerous for YOU. Monkeys are very unpredictable. As primates, they use many of the same gestures/expressions to communicate as we do, however they may mean something completely different. For example grinning at a monkey is a sign of aggression, and can lead to the monkey being physically aggressive back.

3. A 'baby' monkey will grow up! It is incredibly short-sighted to say you want a 'baby' Capuchin. And as they get older they becoming increasingly destructive and become complete home-wreckers, may attack visitors, and ultimately become unsuitable for being kept in the house. For this reason many pet monkeys end up living out their days locked in sheds, garages or small outdoor cages, which is horribly cruel for such an intelligent animal.

4. Many (if not most) young monkeys available as pets are wild-caught monkeys. To catch wild monkeys, people go out into the forest and shoot whole troops of adults in the hopes that one of the dead females that drops to the ground will have a baby clinging to her that will survive the fall. For Capuchins at least, around ten adults die for every baby captured. And most of the babies captured never even make it. Some are too young to survive, and MANY die in transit from being squished into bags, boxes and luggage carriers in an attempt to smuggle them past customs and hide them during long flights. I don't think I need to point out that all of this is horribly cruel and uneccessary, but YOU as a buyer are paying for and promoting this.

5. Humans do NOT make good monkey owners. Monkeys are highly sociable animals. Their entire lives revolve around complex social groups in the wild. They require constant stimulation, vast amounts of exercise and communication with their own kind. Pet homes cannot provide this.

6. Pet Capuchins often suffer hideous health complaints. If you're wondering where my knowledge comes from, I have worked in a sanctuary that rescues ex-pet Capuchins and Woolly monkeys and rehabilitates them into the best enclosures that captivity can provide them with, as well as seeking to educate the public on the truth about the monkey pet trade. One of the monkeys I was lucky enough to meet was a young Capuchin male named Joey. Capuchin monkeys require high levels of vitamins that they get in the wild from being constantly exposed to the bright South American sunlight. Being kept inside a house in a less sunny country does not provide this. As a result of this lack of sunlight Joey has grown up very deformed. He has never grown adult teeth, his hips are dislocated and his cheeks sunken because his bones never grew properly, his spine is twisted and he cannot walk or climb properly like a normal monkey. This was simply due to the lack of proper vitamins, exercise, diet and care. Other monkeys at the sanctuary had behaviour problems, often biting and chewing at their limbs, pacing, head twisting, and exhibiting other sort of what is known as 'stereotypical behaviour' – abnormal behaviours typically shown by very distressed monkeys.

Monkeys are very complex animals and should not EVER be kept as pets because someone thinks they are 'cool' or 'cute' or 'unusual pets'. I would urge you to please change your mind about this. Having seen first-hand what usually ends up happening to pet monkeys, I think it would be irresponsible and cruel of you to try and buy one as a pet, regardless of what the law of Virginia are. If you really love monkeys you'll leave them where they belong. If you're still unconvinced please find out more. This is the place I have worked and seen this stuff for myself:

http://www.monkeysanctuary.org/newsandca…

EDIT: Also please do not take this as an accusation. I am sure your intention would be to find out as much as possible and to treat the monkey in the best way you could. However many of the monkeys I worked with were also from 'loving' homes; people were not intentionally cruel to them, but they did not and could not understand the complex physical and psychological needs of the monkey they owned. The people running this sanctuary have spent all the many years since it opened learning about how to properly care for these monkeys, calling upon the help of experts from all over the world; and even they feel they are sometimes falling short. It is not that I don't think you'd try hard to provide for a monkey. But you could not look after one properly.

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Lun 9 Aoû - 10:45 (2010)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
RoyalOil
VIP

MessagePosté le: Lun 16 Aoû - 19:30 (2010)    Sujet du message: Monkey Business Répondre en citant

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xee1yr_gigi-en-trippe_sport vacance

RoyalOil
VIP

MessagePosté le: Ven 7 Jan - 20:45 (2011)    Sujet du message: Monkey Business Répondre en citant

straight flush

Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 09:25 (2017)    Sujet du message: Monkey Business

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Québec Poker Team Index du Forum -> Section Général -> Blogs des membres Toutes les heures sont au format GMT - 4 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | créer forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation