Québec Poker Team Index du Forum QUÉBEC POKER TEAM 
Site dédié au poker

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Table Image

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Québec Poker Team Index du Forum -> Tournois en ligne -> Poker lessons
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Leprekahn
Invité

MessagePosté le: Sam 25 Sep - 17:36 (2010)    Sujet du message: Table Image Répondre en citant

Table Image

I'm sure the table image concept is not knew to anyone. Having said that, im also sure that not everyone has a full grasp of the idea.

I would like to talk about table image in cash games. Although table image is important in tournaments, its not nearly as important as in cash games.

I would presume that a great deal of players think "table image" and associate it with how many hands they have played at the table...whether the players at the table view them as tight or loose. Although that is indeed an aspect of table image, it is certainly just the tip of the iceberg.

When playing a cash ring game you should be thinking about table image at all times. I know I know...that goes without saying. But let me give you some examples of what I mean. You should be thinking about table image when:
  • You decide what hands to play
  • How much you bet in different situations
  • Whenever you showdown a hand
  • When you get caught bluffing
  • When you make a C-bet and showdown a winning hand
  • When you check down top pair
  • When you check on river with a marginal hand instead of value betting
  • When you look down at 64s and your in the cutoff position
  • Whenever you trap an opponent
  • If you get a rush of good cards and play a lot of hands but never showdown
  • If you decide to play small ball poker or a more aggressive style
  • And many many more

If your playing a cash game, you should be thinking table image throughout the whole session. As we all know, each session we play can tell a different tale. A lot of times it depends what cards we are dealt and how the cards fall. If we are playing in a session and we've been caught bluffing a few times we really can take advantage of our table image. When we lose those hands we gain an edge on our table image. As long as we are aware of how the table perceives us, we can exploit that perception. We should then only raise with the goods and get some real nice pay offs.

Another time you play a session and right from the begining you get a rush of premium hands. Naturally we raise these hands and the table perceives us as a loose maniac. Dont now start bluffing, your table image is set up that if you play your hands normally you should get paid off. Even your marginal hands should be paid off by weaker hands. This would be a good spot for nice value bets.

There be times, most times, when you sit down at a table and your not even thinking how you want the table to perceive you. The play dictates this. If the table sees you play one way, thats when you decide to play differently. Its an ongoing, gear changing meta game that you should always be aware of.

Having said this, its also important not only to be aware of yourself, but also of each opponent at the table. You must not only watch their play, but get inside their head. See their actions and try and figure out what they are trying to do. If you see an opponent come over the top of you with nothing, dont just assume that this is a crazy maniac. He could indeed be a solid player but perhaps was watching your play and figured you were stealing like you showed earlier. Put some notes on him and if he continues to make plays like that then you can feel better about your read and adjust the notes.

When playing cash games notes are very important. Whenever you see a player reveal something you should take notes of it. An examples of some notes to put on players should read:
  • Raised in early position with KQo
  • Raised with 107 from the button
  • Flat called with AA in position preflop
  • Called a raise to 4x with KJ
  • Constantly C-bets even when totally misses flop
  • Capable of coming over the top with nothing
  • Bets his draws
  • Check/calls draws
  • Raises a lot of pots but when he shoves he has the goods
  • Etc

So if your interested in getting fully involved in the cash game realm, pay attention to your own table image as well as the images of the players at the table. Take notes and adjust. It usually means the difference of a winning session or a losing session.

Good luck on the felts

Lep

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Sam 25 Sep - 17:36 (2010)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
pokdimy
VIP

Masculin Lion (24juil-23aoû) 馬 Cheval
Point(s): 58
Moyenne de points: 0,85

MessagePosté le: Mer 29 Sep - 20:12 (2010)    Sujet du message: Table Image Répondre en citant

Oh nice..i'm gonna try next time for sure

Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 09:30 (2017)    Sujet du message: Table Image

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Québec Poker Team Index du Forum -> Tournois en ligne -> Poker lessons Toutes les heures sont au format GMT - 4 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | créer forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation