Québec Poker Team Index du Forum QUÉBEC POKER TEAM 
Site dédié au poker

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Bells Palsy, I have been stricken

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Québec Poker Team Index du Forum -> Section Général -> Blogs des membres
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
RoyalOil
VIP

Point(s): 7
Moyenne de points: 0,88

MessagePosté le: Mar 22 Mar - 17:39 (2011)    Sujet du message: Bells Palsy, I have been stricken Répondre en citant

This is a difficult story to write, and I would like you good folks to know that I am not looking for sympathy, nor will I accept sympathy, I will be a hardened man just as I have always been my entire 52 years, I will be strong and brave regardless of the outcome.

A week ago I was doing a routine survey of an electrical job, this particular job was located in an old barn that is being converted into a workshop.
As I was approaching the breaker panel the weight of my left foot broke through a floorboard, I ended up seated on the floor with my left leg hanging straight down and my right leg pinned under me. It was a violent crash, and I spiraled in. My left leg was scraped up pretty good, my right leg folded under me and was twisted and bruised, my back was also bruised but not seriously, or so I thought. After about five minutes or so of trying to calm down I was able to free myself from the fall and I returned to my feet, I shook it of and continued with my work.

The evening of the crash as I was at home relaxing I began to notice pain at the base of my skull on the right hand side, also I noticed that I was suffering from back spasms, I chalked it up to the crash and sucked up the pain and moved along hoping that 600mgs. of Ibuprofen would help ease the pain and that I might sleep without discomfort, this was not to be.

The pain at the base of my skull intensified with each passing day, by the time the 6th day had passed the pain was unbearable, that says a lot for me because I have what is considered to be a very high threshold for pain.
By the 7th morning, that would be today, I had lost control of the nerves that govern the facial muscles on the right side of my face, my face now appears to be sagging on the right side.

This morning I went to see my family physician, I explained to him what had happened. He informed me that what had transpired was that a large muscle or muscles that attach my upper torso to the base of my skull had become inflamed and swollen, and that the inflammation was pressing against a nerve that controls my face, he went on to explain that because of the description I had given him he believed that I had suffered nerve damage. The clinical name for this is Bells Palsy.
Bell's palsy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My doctor went on to inform me that in about 8 out of 10 cases the nerves can and do repair on their own without treatment, key to recovery being the reduction of swelling in the affected muscles and thus the pressure being removed from the nerve. My doctor also took ex-rays and found no breaks or dislocations, he prescribed pain killers and I left his office.

My next stop was my chiropractor, I related in detail to him the above scenario and asked him to take a look. The chiropractor found misalignment and made the proper adjustments, the pain eased noticeably after the adjustments.

I am at home now resting and I feel much better already, although I am still burdened with the inability to eat or drink in a normal manner, and because the nerves that were damaged control the function of the eye and tear ducts I also have a dry eye, this is very uncomfortable.

In writing this I ask that you forgive me if I seem even more ornery and miserable than I normally do. I plan to sleep a great deal and in so doing I may be an infrequent visitor for the next few days/weeks depending on how I heal, also, if there are others here who are familiar with Bells Palsy I would value your input.

I love you all dearly, you are my friends and we are like minded, and this is something that is very rare, no matter the outcome know that I appreciate each and every one of you, and that I thank you all for your support, it is comforting to know that I am not alone.

Regards, Royaloil

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Mar 22 Mar - 17:39 (2011)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Sylbil
Administrateur

Masculin Gémeaux (21mai-20juin) 龍 Dragon
Point(s): 395
Moyenne de points: 1,01
Tilt: Sylbil
Poker Stars: Banqueroutte

MessagePosté le: Mar 22 Mar - 21:04 (2011)    Sujet du message: Bells Palsy, I have been stricken Répondre en citant

sorry to read that doug...i hope you feel better soon

matante gigi
VIP

Féminin Lion (24juil-23aoû) 猴 Singe
Point(s): 144
Moyenne de points: 1,01
Tilt: matante gigi
Poker Stars: matante gigi

MessagePosté le: Jeu 24 Mar - 20:40 (2011)    Sujet du message: Bells Palsy, I have been stricken Répondre en citant

I know what you feel like, Doug, I was struck with Bell's Palsy a few years ago.  Mine was caused by a virus.  Doctor said it was due to excess fatigue and stress.  Was off from work for two weeks.  The doctor gave me a prescription for eye cream to sooth the dryness.  He also gave me pills for the virus (I can't remember what they were ... but they were damn expensive).  I recovered and was back to my normal self in a little more than two weeks.

I feel for you, my friend and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Boréale
VIP

Féminin Cancer (21juin-23juil) 虎 Tigre
Point(s): 312
Moyenne de points: 1,00
Tilt: Boreale1
Poker Stars: Boreale#1

MessagePosté le: Dim 27 Mar - 22:07 (2011)    Sujet du message: Bells Palsy, I have been stricken Répondre en citant

Arrrrg! I hope you will recovery soon! ... or be better!

Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 22:58 (2017)    Sujet du message: Bells Palsy, I have been stricken

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Québec Poker Team Index du Forum -> Section Général -> Blogs des membres Toutes les heures sont au format GMT - 4 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | créer forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation